Whole Foods Market Produce Service Team Member in Vancouver, British Columbia
As a member of our Produce Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive produce displays and supporting the regional Produce vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
· Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
· Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked, checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
· Uphold organic standards for produce.
· Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
· Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, backstock and coolers and to track product transfers and spoilage.
· Assist with sampling program by keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing and sampling products to customers.
· Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
· Operate and sanitize all produce equipment in a safe and proper manner.
· This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
· Previous produce experience preferred.
· Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
· Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
· Ability to sell proactively.
· Ability to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
· Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
· Effective time management skills.
· Strong work ethic and integrity.
· Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
· Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
· Use of knives and box cutters.
Essential Job Functions:
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: [[numberOpenings]]
Benefits Category: [[bencat]]
Close Date: [[closeDate]]