Amazon.com Software Development Engineer - AWS Security Services in Vancouver, British Columbia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Every single day, millions of developers execute billions of transactions worldwide on the AWS Cloud.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies such as Amazon Inspector which help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet compliance requirements in AWS. The team interacts with AWS security researchers to codify security methodologies and provide customers with detailed recommendations for remediating potential issues. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer with knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service. This position is on a new team that you will be joining at its inception and it will have a startup feel. You will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
· 2+ years of professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in Java, C#, Python, or C++ development
· Object oriented design experience
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
· Desire and energy to work in an energizing environment – previous startup experience a plus
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
· Experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, ElasticMapReduce)
· Prior experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
· Full-stack software development - from UI to infrastructure
· Experience working in a Linux / Unix environment
· Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
· Experience working with serverless architectures
· Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
· Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
AMZR Req ID: 467518