SAP Intern, Research and Innovation in Technology Legal Compliance Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 132066
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose & Objective of Position
The SAP Vancouver Labs is offering a paid research and innovation internship starting 2016 for an 8 months period (with an option to extend by 4 months). We are looking for innovative graduate and undergraduate students who are excited about pushing the state of the art in technology legal compliance, pattern detection & classification, networks, software security and data analytics by drawing on research in software engineering, computer networks, data mining, information visualization and other related areas.
We offer interns the opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge to explore solutions to real-life technical problems. Interns will work in a dynamic fast-paced Global Technology Legal Compliance and Global Licensing teams that plays a key role in ensuring SAP products and solutions comply with technical legal requirements such as software licensing laws and trade regulations. Interns will have access to support from world-class data scientists, domain experts, software development and user experience teams. We explore opportunities for technology transfer and publish in leading conferences. We strive to create an environment that is both productive and fun.
We are located in beautiful Vancouver in the heart of Yaletown, steps away from a wide variety of restaurants, public transit, and downtown.
More information about SAP Vancouver Labs can be found at: http://global.sap.com/canada/about/saplabs/montreal-toronto-vancouver/index.epx
• Apply research to real-world technical problems
• Develop and test software prototype(s) that showcase innovative concepts
• Follow up on latest trends and share the knowledge among the team
• Participate in project meetings to support project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
• Undergraduate, Master’s or PhD student in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or Law or Mathematics/Statistics enrolled at an accredited university.
• Strong research, analytical, and software prototyping skills
• Self-motivated, keen to learn how things work and devise improvements
• Excellent written, presentation and listening skills; good interpersonal skills
• Commitment to 8-month full-time internship starting January 2017
• Familiarity with using computer programming languages such as Java and C
• Familiarity with using data analysis tools (e.g., SAP Lumira, ManyEyes, Matlab, R)
• Familiarity with SAP HANA and/or other database technologies
To apply, please attach your CV and a cover letter. Please state on your cover letter a list of your research interests and whether you can commit to a minimum 8-month internship.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.