Cara Operations Line Cook - Day Shift Monday to Friday - No evenings, no weekends in Vaughan, Ontario
CARA is searching for an enthusiastic, highly energized experienced Prep/Line cook for a 6 month contract at our Home Office Bistro Team located in Vaughan!
DAY SHIFT!!! MONDAY TO FRIDAY!! NO WEEKENDS!!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work within an environment that fosters teamwork, participation, creativity, openness, honesty, mutual respect and lots of fun? If you have the passion to serve and the drive to join a leading team, then CARA is looking for you!
To be a proud CARA Ambassador by preparing and delivering great quality food in a timely manner, assisting with the efficient operations of various kitchen systems, ensuring that there are enough products to meet business needs in order to exceed associate expectations and to provide the perfect Experience, every time! And you'll have the opportunity to create your own dishes to the regular visitors at our Home Office.
What you do everyday:
· Provide Genuine Hospitality to every associate, every day!
· Make every moment of interaction with our Associates a positive one
· Always keep food safety and health and safety top of mind
· Ensure that all assigned side work is completed accurately, safely and equipment is properly maintained
· Work within various stations/duties such as salad bar, grill, pizza oven and take part in all necessary food preparation.
· Contribute to a positive safe and fun environment
· Cash handling duties
· Cleaning duties as per each station Ensure that all assigned side work is completed accurately, safely and equipment is properly maintained
· Co-ordination of catering activities for events and special functions as required
· Consistently check stock and food temperature levels to ensure maximum freshness and food safety of all items
What skills are required for the position?
· Committed to ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness, safety and food storage management
· Passionate about great food and teamwork, guest service fanatic
· Flexible, versatile, and thrive on working a fast-paced environment
· Highly organized
· Self motivated, team leader with organizational skills
· Good comprehension of the English language, both written and verbal
· Strong communication skills
· Available to get to and from our Vaughan home office for day shifts – some starting as early as 7am and some finishing as late as 5pm, but largely to cover lunch volumes periods, part time or full time
· Planning and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast- paced environment
The successful candidate is expected to be successful at demonstrating behaviours consistent with Cara's Policies and Standards. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Cara team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As part of our accessibility commitment, there may be alternative ways for you to apply and interview for this role. Please advise us at time of application.
System ID: 2016-2903