Fairmont Assistant Security Manager in Canada
Assistant Security Manager
As a leader in the hotel, the Assistant Security Manager will assist in the management of all security and loss prevention operations to ensure all areas of the property are safe and secure. Areas of responsibilities include crisis management; protection of property assets, employees, guests and belongs; accident & fire prevention and response programs.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Security Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities ensuring objective, detailed incident reporting and appropriate advising of senior management
- Notify executive management of all major incidents occurring during shift
- Assisting with regular patrol of the property to ensure all areas are safe and secure
- Implement emergency procedures and crisis management scenarios with Leadership team, formalizing and keeping current action plans.
- Maintain all Business Continuity Plan (BCP) binders/documents and ensure periodical audits are done to check the readiness of the team
- Comply with all Corporate loss prevention safety and security management guidelines and procedures
- Be first contact for emergency agencies such as, but not limited to, police department or fire department
- Monitor CCTV in house video surveillance equipment and diligently monitor building video surveillance
- Work closely with Engineering Chief on Fire Panel operation and maintenance
- Oversee key audits, key allocation and approval
- Assist with training contracted Security Officers and deploying security staff appropriately
- Assist with Security Department meetings, attend and participate in other required hotel meetings
- Champion safe work practices, assisting with implementing colleague security procedures, awareness programs and preventive measures
- Direct coordination of training in fire - life safety, hotel evacuation, CPR and Workplace Violence
- Assisting with facilitating security and workplace health and safety orientation for new colleagues
- Work with all Sales, Conference Service & Catering and Outlets to ensure functions are safe for all guests and employees.
- Periodically conducting employee baggage and locker inspections
- Assisting with full quarterly security audits of property
- Manage elevator access and floor access protocols for both front and back of house elevator systems
- Visually identify, correct and record safety hazards
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years security or loss prevention experience
- One (1) year previous supervisory or management experience is a strong asset
- Must have a valid BC security worker license
- Self-starter, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills including active listening, problem solving abilities, diplomacy, exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Occupational First Aid Level II certified, including CPR & AED training
- Advanced Security Training designation a strong asset
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Experience with MS Office applications and Outlook required, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Additional security related training and education is a strong asset
- Proficient knowledge of capabilities and usage of all security operating systems and conduct inspections
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 12.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: HVC00857