Willis Associate P&C Broker in Canada
The Company Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
The Business Corporate risk and broking We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Role Job Summary: The Associate Brokerapplies a technical level of knowledge to support activities relating to broking of client risks. Operates within agreed guidelines, working under the supervision of more experienced team members and referring decisions for support and guidance.
- Gather information to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market.
- In conjunction with more experienced brokers, create/ update client and prospect presentations to secure new, and build on existing, relationships.
- Keep up to date on market solutions in order to learn how to identify and develop optimum risk solutions for clients.
- Ensure that quality and compliance procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Participate on straightforward new business placement, renewals and simple alterations of existing cover, under supervision where required.
- Record all information accurately on the appropriate systems.
- Co-ordinate with associates from other departments that support the broking process
- Build technical skills by satisfactorily completing basic and intermediate training courses as required.
- Provide as second set of eyes analysis with respect to quotes against specifications, and binders against quotes.
- Check all documentation including policy endorsements, renewal binders, and corrections and send to account managers once correct
- Support and build on local and national relationships with carriers
- Attend client meetings as required
- Other miscellaneous administrative and clerical functions as well as other assignments as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years industry experience
- RIBO licensed
- Demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles
- Ability to conduct research
- Understanding of required placement workflows
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation
- Must demonstrate core competency of Willis Towers Watson Values & Vision
- Self-starter/requires minimal supervision
- Will seek guidance when needed
- Self-motivation and entrepreneurial outlook with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment
- A focus on customer service as a key deliverable is essential
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Job Title: Associate P&C; Broker
Job Function: Broking
Date Posted: 11/14/2016
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: JO-1611-18071