Fairmont Chattery Host (December 16 - January 31, 2017) in Canada
*Chatterry Host *
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Chattery Host will provide efficient food and beverage service to all internal guests. To understand all duties and go about duties in a kind and helpful manner. Adhere to the policies, procedures and standards while serving all co-workers and internal guests
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Stocking, cleaning, and maintaining the food and beverage counters
- Clean the kitchen, serving and dining areas, tables, and equipment in between serving hours.
- Refill salt and pepper shakers, condiment caddies, make coffee and get ready for the next meal shift
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas
- Cleaning & general maintenance of dining and kitchen area
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
- Perform other duties such as scraping and stacking dishes, moving dishes and food warmer to the Kitchen
- Proper use and storage of chemicals
- Have complete understanding and adhere to the Health & Safety policy
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- W.H.M.I.S certified an asset
- Working knowledge of all areas of the Food and Beverage Department
- Food Safe
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including heavy lifting up to 30lbs.
Visa Requirements:* *
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 10.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: HVC00855