State Street Digital Enterprise Project Manager, Vice President - BEACON/STP in Canada
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.48 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.38 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,530 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,530 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is availablehere.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape and create the future state of transaction processing globally and further advance digitization. This unique and key role is part of the Straight Through Processing / Digital Enterprise Team within Global Operations.
- The incumbent will direct and oversee various workstreams within the Fax Eradication component of Straight Through Processing / BEACON. They will work in partnership with global business leaders to advance progress on Fax Eradication globally. This will also include various presentations to Sr. Mgmt on the progress, risks, etc. associated to the initiative across Business Lines and Ops Teams and how to continue to build the pipeline with new opportunities.
- Lead client discussions on automation opportunities in partnership with Client Ops teams.
- Develop/implement and refine strong end to end infrastructure including but not limited to: budget planning/monitoring; best practice products and tools training, metrics and reporting.
- Lead and collaborate with internal COEs across Global Operations Globally, Business Units, and Technology & Product teams. Provide direction to teams in identifying and addressing complex matters/issues that could affect outcomes and developing recommendations and results/remediation to senior management.
- Forecast and track savings as they are realized across business lines. Review and obtain agreement on savings with the respective BU owners in addition to communicating future forecasted savings and potential at risk targets.
- Lead change while working collaboratively with our Joint Venture partners, onshore business units/COEs (i.e. USIS, IIS, and AIS) and Support Teams (i.e. HR, Change Management, Restructuring, BEACON Deployment, etc.) to transform key processes ensuring State Street maintains a competitive advantage in the market.
- Cultivate continuous improvement culture leveraging Lean and BPM methodologies. Promote sustainable continuous improvement as a daily way of life for every team member. Support the flow, implementation and recognition of improvement proposals made by all collaborators.
- Leverage cross-enterprise relationships, deep knowledge of State Street businesses and market positioning to lead the development of strategic frameworks and opportunities in support of the strategy development process.
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA and/or PMP beneficial
10+ years of experience in financial services with at least 5 years of experience related to operations and/or technology process transformation required
Control, risk, audit, and/or project background and knowledge of Global Operations and/or other State Street business units a plus
Experience working with India Joint Venture and global teams preferred
Outstanding leadership and ability to build consensus and influence management within the organization and our Joint Venture partners
Must have the ability to present to all levels of management; strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
Strong decision-making, oversight, and management skills
Ability to handle multi-faceted initiatives and projects
Proven ability to manage through critical issues and realign priorities and deliverables to ensure milestones and targets are achieved while directing global teams across multiple, complex efforts.
Self-motivated individual who sees challenges as opportunities and thrives in paving new ground and creating the future and can assimilate information quickly in a complex and changing environment
Some global travel required
State Street Job ID: 142539
Location: Toronto, Canada
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Digital Enterprise Project Manager, Vice President - BEACON/STP
Job ID: 142539
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Canada - Toronto