Fairmont Director of Finance & Business Support in Canada
Director of Finance & Business Support
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240,000 women and men who share something unique. Each and every day we host the world.
ACCOR HOTELS - Feel Welcome In more than 4,100 hotels in 95 countries
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Develop and implement analytical and benchmarking techniques that will enable the hotels to enhance productivity and cost efficiencies
- Analyze and interpret financial data within the region and communicate this in a comprehensible form of meaningful variations in the operations.
- Develop and implement benchmarking techniques that will enable the Hotels in the region to enhance revenues while improving productivity and cost efficiencies.
- Support and manage the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecasts.
- Regularly review and analyze reports from buying programs for hotels with-in the region and improve costs by driving buying compliance and delivery efficiencies.
- Review and analyze monthly the forecast accuracy report for hotels with-in the region and drive accuracy in forecasting.
- Provide accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely basis to management within the region and the corporate office.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and adherence to a single chart of accounts, payroll and expense dictionary, and the function of accounts in order that the property financial and statistical data is accurately and consistently recorded and reported.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures, and their application
- Work with Audit Services to ensure proper control environments across hotels in the region is maintained.
- Act as the Hotel Director of Finance & Business Support (DOF) at hotels within the region where DOF vacancies arise and until permanent replacement is found
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Accounting Designation, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of work experience as a Director of Finance, ideally in multiple progressive, in size and complexity, hotels.
- Experienced in all areas of finance and accounting; capital project management, financial reporting and analysis, merger and acquisition analysis, and / or related areas.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business, to analyze data and forecast future business trends, and to develop effective financial plans based on businesses assessments in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading & developing people and multiple teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organization and ability to gain consensus and influence others.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting system or similar financial software for the purpose of financial reporting, analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting processes and regulations with demonstrated knowledge of capital project management, standards and techniques, and GAAP regulations and procedures.
- Ability to travel within the region is required
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-Corporate Office, Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Closing Date: 13.Dec.2016, 2:59:00 PM
Req ID: CEN00962