Fairmont Executive Director of Finance & Business Support in Canada
Executive Director of Finance & Business Support
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240,000 women and men who share something unique. Each and every day we host the world.
ACCOR HOTELS - Feel Welcome In more than 4,100 hotels in 95 countries
Position scope:* *
As a business partner to (S)VPs Operations and the regional team, this individual provides a strategic perspective to help make optimal business decisions; uses financial skills and diverse sources of information to identify profitable opportunities, anticipate challenges and creates competitive advantages and drive performance for the brands and hotels.
Create and embrace the culture of business partnering by working with the VPs , the Regional and Hotel Directors of Finance & Business Support in the region and the Hotel RVPs / General Managers in the region, jointly responsible for achieving optimal operating performance and returns for Accorhotels and our owners without losing sight of all measured KPI’s.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice President, Hotel Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage key relationships with respective Regional and Hotel Directors of Finance & Business Support, RVPs, Hotel General Managers and their senior managers to provide financial support and understanding of short and long-term financial plans.
- Review financial performance of hotel department/area, analysis of variances, forecasts and budgets of home hotel and hotels in the region.
- Oversee the development and implementation of “corrective action plans” on internal and or external audit and operational reports.
- Promote, drive and maximize the GOP Theoretical Flow Through concept across hotels in the region.
- Analyze and interpret financial data within the region and communicate this in a comprehensible form of meaningful variations in the operations.
- Oversee and lead in preparing, in conjunction with the RVP, the Hotel DOF and the Hotel General Managers, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecasts.
- Regularly review and analyze reports from buying programs for hotels with-in the region and improve costs by driving buying compliance and delivery efficiencies.
- Review and analyze monthly the forecast accuracy report for hotels with-in the region and drive accuracy in forecasting.
- Provide accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely basis to Regional management with-in the region and the corporate office
- Oversee all facets of the Hotel property capital process. Ensure all Hotels in the region establish and maintain the tracking of fixed assets and FF&E; reserves.
- Accountable for the development, documentation, and maintenance of control systems, within the Hotels, to ensure compliance.
- Operate efficiently and optimize staffing levels at the hotels; Plan for future staffing needs (Succession Planning). Focus on succession planning of DOFs and Assistant DOFs across the hotels.
- Actively participate in developing your direct reports and identify high potentials.
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Accounting Designation, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. CPA or MBA preferred
- 5 to 7 years of work experience as a Regional or Corporate Director of Finance is required
- Experienced in all areas of finance and accounting; capital project management, financial reporting and analysis, merger and acquisition analysis, and / or related areas.
- Previous experience managing multiple hotels or business units as well as experience and track record in business partnering with operators.
- International experience (i.e. US, Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean) & language skills highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business, to analyze data and forecast future business trends, and to develop effective financial plans based on businesses assessments in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people and multiple teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organization and ability to gain consensus and influence others.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting system or similar financial software for the purpose of financial reporting, analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting processes and regulations with demonstrated knowledge of capital project management, standards and techniques, and GAAP regulations and procedures.
- Ability to travel within the region is required
Visa Requirements:Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-Corporate Office, Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Closing Date: 13.Dec.2016, 2:59:00 PM
Req ID: CEN00961