Fairmont Fairmont Gold Concierge in Canada
Fairmont Gold Concierge
At The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, unparalleled service and luxury await guests of Fairmont Gold, our exclusive “hotel within a hotel” experience. As Fairmont Gold Concierge, you will bring our exceptional “Fairmont Gold standards” to life – not only by delivering warm, personalized service to our guests, but also by being a role model for your Colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 550 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the Fairmont Gold attendants to ensure all Fairmont Gold Standards and operating procedures are adhered
- To monitor maintenance of the physical Fairmont Gold product
- Review all Fairmont Gold reservations to ensure requests are met
- Ensure the highest possible revenues are generated for Fairmont Gold, working with the Front Office team on daily upsell programs
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas
- Developing and maintaining contacts with counter parts in other Fairmont properties as well as other hotels and hospitality services in the Whistler area
- Train all Fairmont Gold Attendants
- Develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty
- Provide exceptional Concierge information to our guests about local and area attractions
- To follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- To follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service experience required
- Thorough knowledge of Front Office operations, including Front Desk, Reservations and Telecommunications is required
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and creative team player whom thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions
- Previously demonstrated the commitment to exceeding guests' expectations at all times
- Self-motivation and organizational skills with initiative and the proven ability to create goodwill in all interactions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of a second language would be an asset
- Membership in the Clefs D'Or association would be an asset
- Knowledge of Whistler and all it has to offer is required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position: *
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 20lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Whistler-The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 14.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: CWR01715