IKEA Full-time Safety and Security Agent in Canada
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Based in our Customer Distribution Centre (CDC) in Mississauga,Ontario, this exciting hands-on role contributes to the excellence in daily running operations. To ensure a healthy, safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors as well as to maintain compliance with internal IKEA demands and external legal demands.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT*Your tasks will include:*
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors through training, audits, inspections and follow ups.
- Meet IKEA’s intended level of Safety & Security by achieving positive results during SecCheck and insurance inspections.
- Maintain OHSA compliance programs and Loss Prevention audits for the site to ensure that all security, safety, emergency systems and procedures are operational to guarantee that IKEA’s co-workers, the IKEA brand and assets are protected.
- Work in partnership with the management team regarding sensitive issues, including but not limited to, harassment, co-worker misconduct, and information security.
- Communicate, create awareness, coach, and train co-workers to ensure that IKEA intended level of health, safety and security are known and implemented.
- Ensure an effective incident handling and reporting process is applied, and that incidences are analyzed, followed and preventative actions are implemented.
- To ensure compliance with IKEA Group Risk Manual, IKEA Rules and Guidelines and national/local legal demands.
Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers. YOUR PROFILE*Your knowledge, skills and experience include:*
Working experience in Safety and Loss Prevention or equivalent working experience
- Proven knowledge of relevant health, safety and security policies and standards, accident prevention and federal/local regulatory compliance.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- First Aid, disaster response experience and CPR certification.
- Interview and interrogation capabilities.
- Security monitoring and alarm equipment experience.
- Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
- A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
- Use creative problem solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, and Power point
University degree in Risk Management or closely related field desired. YOUR WORKPLACE
Fast-paced distribution environment with a co-worker base of 200+.
GROWING TOGETHERIKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information : This is a full time position. The successful candidate must be available mornings, evenings and weekends.
Job Title: Full-time Safety and Security Agent
Location: Toronto (Mississauga)
Work Area: Security
Full Time - Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Job ID: 267321BR
Removal Date: 12/12/2016