Fairmont Group Reservations Specialist (Maternity Cover - 1 Year) in Canada
Group Reservations Agent
The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Hotel Overview: Are you an individual with keen attention to detail, looking to grow your skills in the area of reservations while enjoying the breathtaking setting of the Canadian Rockies? We are seeking a highly energized, organized and professional candidate to join our close knit Group Reservations team. As a Group Reservations Specialist you will work closely with our Sales, Conference Services, Front Office and Accounting departments on a daily basis as well as interact with many group organizers who bring 100,000+ room night to our hotel every year. If you are looking to build your resume and have interests in any of the above departments this role is a great stepping stone to achieving your career goals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Collect and input rooming lists and work with the Conference Services Managers to ensure this information is collected in a timely manner
- Assisting group organizers and conference services managers with rooms related requests
- Replying to enquiries in the Group Services inbox emails in a timely manner
- Correspond with guests/clients via fax, email or telephone phone while monitoring Group Services voicemail regularly
- Ensure group billing procedures are set up accurately to meet client expectations
- Complete Group Resumes to ensure a seamless guest experience – all billing, rates, inventory and VIPs are set up correctly in PMS
- Run Block Status and Production Changes reports daily and assist in updating group blocks accordingly
- Ensure CRS, PMS & Passkey inventory is balanced daily
- Work closely with Sales, Conference Services, Front Office and Accounting teams to ensure all client expectations are met and/or exceeded
- Weekly review of individual pick up groups to ensure inventory is reported accurately and that sufficient inventory is available for booking
- Assist with group loading and maintaining inventory in GroupMax/Passkey
- Assisting in preparing the various reports for weekly Revenue Management Meeting
- Audit group contracts to ensure inventory is holding correctly, all concessions have been set-up accurately, and advise of any potential concerns that are foreseen
- Build rates and packages for groups and conferences based on what has been negotiated in contracts
- Attend Pre-convention meetings as representative of Group Services department for the hotel
- Assist with duties within other Reservations Segments (Leisure, Tour & FIT) when required
- Assist with other duties as assigned. As a member of the Rooms Division, you may be asked to fill into other departments as needed due to staffing levels.
- Previous experience is an asset
- High School diploma
- 18 month + commitment to role
- Must display strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously
- Passion for hotel operations with a strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Property Manager System
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, and Excel
- Professional Presentation with ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant sitting throughout shift (responsibilities are primarily computer based)
- Minimal carrying, lifting or pulling required for role
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 10.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03008