Fairmont Guest Services Supervisor in Canada
Guest Services SupervisorThe Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the efficient operation of the Guest Services Department. The individual should be instrumental in supporting good public and employee relations. Previous knowledge of a unionized environment is an asset.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the business and theatre districts and the city's best shopping and dining. Having hosted more than 40 million guests since it opened its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to represent the epitome of hospitality. With 1365 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet in 34 conference and banquet rooms, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing the finest conveniences for today's travelers.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Guest Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for day to day organization of guest inquires, information availability, door and bell team’s structure, and overall guest satisfaction at the point of entry/departure as well as throughout the stay.
- Executes initiatives to promote and achieve service goals and standards with ultimate goal of surpassing JD Power Service Goals for the hotel
- Focuses on Colleague Engagement Initiatives through team building, recognition, problem resolution and providing all necessary tools for colleagues to achieve annual Colleague Engagement Survey Goals
- Completes Daily Payroll and biweekly payroll summary in ADP
- Conducts daily shift briefings with all scheduled colleagues within bell and door teams to highlight the days expected business levels, noteworthy functions and daily service reminders
- Completes weekly scheduling while maintaining expected labour standards as determined by Watson Labour Management Tools
- Assists the Guest Services Leadership Team to train and develop colleagues in such a manner as to ensure the highest level of guest service and satisfaction.
- Monitors and develop colleague performance by assisting the Director, Guest Services to complete annual performance reviews and quarterly professional development interviews
- Ensure that Bell Captains Desk as well as Front and East doors are covered at all times, matching the traffic flow and service colleagues in conjunction with labour guidelines.
- Assist the Director, Guest Services to oversee and foster a team spirit amongst all Guest Services colleagues.
- Ensures awareness of all hotel activities and services in addition to key city events
- Oversees the lobby area for cleanliness, maintenance, security and functionality.
- Responds to all emergencies involving the hotel or its guests, utilizing developed emergency procedures.
- Keep accurate records of deliveries and events in the designated logs.
- Assist the Director, guest Services to encourage colleagues participation in special events.
- Works closely with the Bell Captains and ensure smooth shift changes.
- Assisting with house car responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Guest Services.
- Solid knowledge of Front Office Procedures
- Minimum of two years previous Guest Services and/or Front Office supervisory experience
- Strong ability to work effectively within a dynamic management team with shared responsibilities
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours and days off
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Previous working knowledge of Property Manager, Microsoft Office, ADP Payroll Systems and Watson Labour Management an asset
- Strong Guest Service orientation
- Proven commitment to health and safety
- Knowledge of unionized work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written verbal communicational abilities
- Adhere to time lines
- Strong managerial skills with a record of positive people skills, team leadership abilities and proven guest service record
- Second or third language an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Toronto-The Fairmont Royal York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 05.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RYH01520