Curtiss-Wright Corporation Hardware Designer, Sr. in Canada
The Opportunity: Senior Hardware Development Engineer
Are you innovative, flexible, and self-directed? Do you have keen hardware development skills? We're looking for creative hardware engineers who live and breathe embedded hardware design to help us create the latest in embedded systems technology. We need enthusiastic team players who want to share, discuss, and brainstorm ideas with our top-notch engineering team at our dynamically growing organization.
What do we do, and how do you fit in? Curtiss-Wright creates a wide variety of embedded single board computers, graphics products and switching products designed for the rugged defense industry. As part of a dynamic multi-disciplined team, your job will be to support the development of new embedded systems products, and to enhance our existing products.
What do we need from you? You must have a strong background in embedded hardware design; you must also be resourceful and able to overcome new challenges using insightful design and engineering skills coupled with innovative approaches. In a nutshell, we need your sharp expertise to help define new embedded hardware products, implement product enhancements and contribute to process improvements.
Check out the requirements below; if the bullets match your skillset, we'd love to hear from you:
- Design, develop and test new embedded hardware
- Support and enhance existing embedded hardware
- Apply established development processes and assist in process improvement
- Analyze requirements and develop design alternatives
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation
- Provide input to architecture and design reviews
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products
- Keep current with embedded hardware trends and share knowledge
- Perform design verification of products
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Share knowledge and provide mentorship to junior developers
- Experience with board level development utilizing high speed digital circuits
- Experience with hardware debugging tools -- analyzers, scopes, emulators
- Experience with design capture tools (Curtiss-Wright uses Mentor Graphics)
- Experience with engineering development processes and standards
- Experience with product configuration management system
- Experience with signal integrity analysis tools and measurement
- Experience with requirements capture, analysis and tracking
- Experience working with and directing a multi-disciplined team
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment to quality and achieving deadlines
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 8+ years' experience
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled