BRP US Inc Industrial Designer in Canada
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 7 600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
Have a major influence in the development and validation of concepts while working closely with different teams;
Be the driving force behind the creation of parts and accessories for innovative recreational products by challenging things that most people consider immutable;
Be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
YOUR FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Imagine, design and develop inspirational, functional, innovative and ergonomic solutions leading to technical innovations;
- Formulate and initiate projects that meet the basic needs of consumers.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in brainstorming and define how to meet client needs;
- Putting forward ideas for concepts, materials and creations for new product design;
- Convert concept ideas into testable 3D prototypes;
- Collaborate with engineers to monitor and evaluate performance characteristics towards needs and specific sectors.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Relevant training in industrial design. Relevant work experience could replace training.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the design and development of accessories for sports and motor sports.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the mechanics of recreational vehicles and its mechanisms.
- Strong skill in sketch communication as well as knowledge of 2D and 3D design software such as Rhinoceros.
- Good knowledge of the latest trends in design, assembly systems and manufacturing processes as well as the international transport market.
- High Creative Skills
- Annual compensation of $ 55,000 to $ 75,000, based on the candidate's experience, and performance review;
- Eligible for corporate bonus programs and corporate profits;
- The candidate will work in Valcourt, Qc.
- Presentation folder (portfolio) will be required.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA!
The Eastern Townships, located at the very south of the province, shares a border with the United States over close to 300 km (186 mi). The charm comes on thick as you forge your way into this paradise of mountains, hills and valleys. The architectural heritage, evidence of the Anglo-Saxon legacy, has transformed the towns into the most picturesque of places. 80% of the territory is covered by forests. Come the fall season, an abundance of colour covers the branches. To the sheer delight of outdoor enthusiasts, four national parks, including Parc national du Mont-Orford, and many other natural areas provide their share of activities, no matter the season: hiking, biking, camping, skiing and so much more. A favourite vacation destination, the Eastern Townships offers a good selection of B&Bs; and inns, not to mention spas and health centres. Agritourism completes the region’s circle of charm, with five different circuits exploring vineyards, orchards, country-style dining, terroir delights and sugar shacks. In fact, the region counts several vineyards, all very different from one another, such as the Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent where you can discover the pleasure of their palatable wine.
Global Location: Canada, Valcourt
# of openings: 1