BRP US Inc Industrial Designer in Canada
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 7 600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
Have a major influence in the development and validation of concepts while working closely with different teams;
Be the driving force behind the creation of parts and accessories for innovative recreational products by challenging things that most people consider immutable;
Be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
YOUR FIRST YEAR DELIVERABLES
- Imagine, design and develop inspirational, functional, innovative and ergonomic solutions leading to technical innovations;
- Formulate and initiate projects that meet the basic needs of consumers.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in brainstorming and define how to meet client needs;
- Putting forward ideas for concepts, materials and creations for new product design;
- Convert concept ideas into testable 3D prototypes;
- Collaborate with engineers to monitor and evaluate performance characteristics towards needs and specific sectors.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Relevant training in industrial design. Relevant work experience could replace training.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the design and development of accessories for sports and motor sports.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the mechanics of recreational vehicles and its mechanisms.
- Strong skill in sketch communication as well as knowledge of 2D and 3D design software such as Rhinoceros.
- Good knowledge of the latest trends in design, assembly systems and manufacturing processes as well as the international transport market.
- High Creative Skills
- Annual compensation of $ 55,000 to $ 75,000, based on the candidate's experience, and performance review;
- Eligible for corporate bonus programs and corporate profits;
- The candidate will work in Valcourt, Qc.
- Presentation folder (portfolio) will be required.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA!
The Eastern Townships are located in the southern part of the province and share a 300km+ long border with the United States. The region’s breathtaking landscape features 15 mountains, 19 lakes, 7 rivers, 33 beaches and 3 national parks. 80% of the territory is forested, making its more than 200 km of hiking trails possible. In the fall, the landscape becomes a festival of colours, delighting young and old alike. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts are sure to find what they’re looking for among the many seasonal and year-round activities available, which include hiking, cycling, camping, skiing and golfing, not to mention hunting and fishing. Food lovers can treat their taste buds to the refined flavours of the region’s vineyards, microbreweries and local products. There are also plenty of options for those who want to relax, with over 15 spas and relaxation centres, all of which are surrounded by idyllic vistas. The Eastern Townships offer unmatched quality of life.
Global Location: Canada, Valcourt
# of openings: 1