State Street Manager, Fund of Hedge Funds (1 Year Contract) in Canada
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.48 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.38 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,530 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,530 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is availablehere.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
To manage the overall NAV accounting process, team resources and client relationships. Individuals have an understanding of service requirements, processes, and procedures for fund administration. Managers assist in the development and delivery of training course and participate in the recruitment process.
- Responsible for your team's delivery of exceptional customer service for your area of responsibility
- Responsible for maintaining a high quality, challenging work environment for staff on your team
- Hire and train staff
- Establish performance goals for all your staff and monitor progress against these goals taking corrective action as required
- For your staff, manage salary reviews and performance improvement plans
- Develop and recommend staff for advancement
- Review the Net Asset Value ("NAV") (and underlying tasks performed to support the calculation of NAV, including reconciliations) as prepared by your staff approved by director
- Assist and train others in your team with their work and problem resolution
- Initiate the review and implementation of recommendations to constantly improve the NAV production process
- Review and assist staff with month-end close process, financial statement preparation (monthly and annually) and audits
- Review and assist staff in preparing other ad hoc financial reports as required
- Working with the new business deal team members, group Director, Quality Assurance and Compliance teams, review and understand and assist staff with their understanding of the fund's offering memorandum at fund set up and ongoing
- Understand broader business issues (both internal and external) as they apply to your role
- Understand corporate business objectives and how they apply to your role
DEVELOP, MODEL & IMPROVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
- Customers by finding solutions to non-standard customer queries
- Promote teamwork by training and coaching others
- Continually strive to improve interactions between your team and other departments through effective communications
- Enhance relationships with customers and colleagues by developing superior industry knowledge through reading and training
- Communicate with global locations (U.S. and Ireland) to maintain and improve best practice for operations and customer service
- Investment advisors/managers through accurate NAV reporting and responding quickly to queries
- Custodians and Underlying Hedge Fund Administrators through accurate, complete and timely reconciliations and responding quickly to queries
- All fund counterparties through excellent communication skills - discussions with fund counterparties to resolve trading, operational and accounting issues
- Assist team in initiating, proposing and implementing improvements to process and operations
- Work with and involve yourself and your team if the education that is offered to you regarding leading hedge fund industry developments (review of written materials, discussions with customers and peers, training courses)
- Train new staff on existing procedures and controls and encourage all team members (subordinates, peers and superiors) to innovate
- Refine communication/leadership ability by explaining difficult information clearly, establishing consensus and attaining agreement within your team and with other departments
- Ongoing personal education by attendance at State Street and IFS training sessions
Must have a minimum of 1 year experience as a Manager in a Fund of Hedge Fund administration environment
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
CFA, CGA, CMA, CAIA or Public Accounting experience a plus
4+ years experience working with a hedge fund administrator (either FoF or direct funds)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Confident and decisive
Ambitious and energetic
Strong work ethic - flexible and adaptable
Can-do attitude with high energy
Self-motivated with a passion for learning and growth
Some travel may be required
State Street Job ID: 143530
Location: Toronto, Canada
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Manager, Fund of Hedge Funds (1 Year Contract)
Job ID: 143530
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Canada - Toronto