Willis Marine Cargo & Liability Client Advocate in Canada
Job Title: Marine Cargo & Liability Client Advocate Location: Toronto
The Company Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Role The Senior Marine Broker is responsible for the advice and placement of Marine Cargo, Hull and P&I; risks. The incumbent will provide practice specific technical knowledge and expertise to clients, engage in servicing and advise clients with regards to placements made and delivered on their behalf. The incumbent will negotiate with insurers to obtain best terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for clients. The incumbent will assist in the development of a strategic roadmap inclusive of marketing and business plans, initiatives, programs, products, and services specific to the Marine industry. The incumbent will be required to establish and maintain relationships and agreements with insureds, insurers, outside service vendors and intermediaries. In addition, the incumbent will provide leadership to support the greater sales goals and objectives of the firm. Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Support and build on local and national relationships with Marine Insurers
- Attend client meetings as required
- Remain current on changing risk and insurance market conditions
- Identify and analyze Marine Cargo risks and exposures for clients
- Gather information to assess and evaluate client risks in order to support the placement of client risks into the market
- Lead and engage in the broking process on client renewals
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Review clients’ loss exposures & loss experience and provide advice accordingly
- Identifying need for new products and suggesting innovative solutions to clients and team members
- Contribute to the firm’s body of knowledge within the Marine product line through active internal communication
- Utilize Willis Towers Watson Global Marine Practice and Network to best serve client needs
- Develop strong working relations with insurers and/or underwriters
- Strong knowledge of insurer financial strength and risk appetite
- Responsible for advice, negotiations and transaction management on behalf of clients
- Other miscellaneous administrative and clerical functions as well as other assignments as required
- Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years’ experience in marketing or servicing of major accounts
- Strong degree of competence in:
- Blue / Brown water Hull & P&I;
- Cargo/ Specie Liability
- Marine builders Risk
- Ship Repairers Liability
- Other specialty Marine and War risk
- Strong Leadership and Management skills preferred
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Core competencies with traditional Property and Casualty lines of insurance is preferred
- Solid market relationships with both Domestic and Global Underwriters
- Build and foster partnerships across Willis Towers Watson Canada and our Global Marine practice
- Licensed broker
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting in front of groups
- Technical knowledge ofproduct area and client segment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to build and maintain trusted business relationships in a balanced matrix organization
- Attention to detail
- Personal computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Job Title: Marine Cargo & Liability Client Advocate
Job Function: Client Services/Client Facing
Date Posted: 11/30/2016
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Job Number: JO-1611-18389