Fairmont Overnight Guest Services Agent in Canada
Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
- Lead an extraordinarily team,
- Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
- Utilize global perks & privileges & enjoy a completive wage + attractive benefits package?
Then you might be our next Overnight Guest Services Agent.
In your new role, you will model our values of respect, integrity, teamwork and empowerment – and your leadership will facilitate extraordinary careers and lasting memories for your Front Office and hotel teams.
At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Night Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Register and check out guests, which includes securing payment.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transactions.
- Handle guest requests effectively and promptly.
- Provide information on hotel and resort services.
- Cash handling, which includes currency exchange and balancing a float.
- Become familiar with group resumes ensuring all details of incoming and outgoing groups are observed.
- Serve as a sales agent promoting and up-selling hotel services.
- Promote a professional team environment.
- Monitor rooms’ inventory to assist in maximizing rooms’ revenue.
- Maintain an excellent working rapport with all departments in the hotel.
- Have a good working knowledge of Royal Service functions.
- Coverage of overnight shifts and duties as assigned
- Actively participate in the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service by demonstrating Fairmont Service Essentials and applying 5 Diamond Service Standards at all times.
Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Previous customer related experience an asset
Previous PMS experience an asset
Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Must be able to type 25 words per minute
Must possess a professional presentation
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Hospitality Diploma is an asset
Must be flexible in terms of working hours
Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements*:* Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Primary Location: Canada-Vancouver-Fairmont Pacific Rim
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Overnight Job
Closing Date: 09.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: VPR02067