Willis P&C Broker in Canada
The Company Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
The Business Corporate risk and broking We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
The Role Job Summary: * The *P&C; Brokersupports the service team by negotiating the placement of business with selected carriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Client Managers with documentation of internal and external strategy meetings
- Collaborate with service team to analyze exposure information and create coverage recommendations for submission
- Finalize submissions received from service team and submit to insurer(s)
- Review specimen and manuscript forms prior to placement
- Receive quotes from carriers and negotiate for the best program for clients while securing coverage to meet the client’s needs
- Create coverage comparisons and recommendations for proposals
- Collaborate with service team to bind carrier quotes
- Perform and document a review of binders and coverage confirmations
- Negotiate increased commission within the parameters of our client’s compensation agreement
- Provide knowledge to Producers and Client Executives about markets and products as they relate to classes of business
- Attend client meetings including strategy, underwriter and proposal delivery
- Assist with contract review
- Obtain Market Security approval as applicable
- Assist with policy checking
- Perform WillPLACE market match
- Develop underwriting relationships
- Assist with mid-term endorsements and placements as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- General High School education, but university degree preferred
- Typically has at least 5 years commercial insurance experience
- Brokers license required, and enrollment in other insurance courses encouraged
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with various Microsoft software products necessary to perform job satisfactorily
- Ability to read, understand, and process tasks by written and oral instructions
- Independently carry out assignments
- Ability to work well with others and provide assistance cooperatively and courteously
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. Our continued success depends greatly on our ability to fully and effectively employ qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, military status, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights or equal opportunity legislation.
We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Job Title: P&C; Broker
Job Function: Broking
Date Posted: 11/18/2016
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: JO-1611-18172