Willis Producer Construction Practice in Canada
Job Title: Producer – Construction Practice Location: Toronto, ON – Canada
_The Company _ Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Business Corporate Risk and Broking (CRB)
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Within the Construction Industry we serve over 11,000 Construction organizations in North America alone. Our extensive experience allows us to understand our client’s business and its’ unique needs. We have highly valued relationships with the top construction insurance markets, and within the last year have managed over $1.7 billion in premiums on behalf of our clients, including $833 million with the top 5 insurers alone. Our specialized relationships with these markets allow our brokers to design, negotiate, select and implement superior insurance programs for our construction clients.
The Role Willis Towers Watson, in Toronto, is seeking a Sales and Risk Advisory Professional to assist in leading the growth of the Canadian arm of its’ best in class, Global Construction Practice. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of driving sales activities with corporate clients. In this role you will aggressively develop and manage an active pipeline through seeking out prospects, calling on potential clients, conducting in-depth analysis/risk assessments, presenting information on the organization's capabilities, strategically cross-selling products aligned with clients' needs and introducing technical specialists (as needed) to win and retain each client's business. The majority of your activity in this role will be directed toward the generation of new sales to existing and prospective clients. Your success will be based on your ability to win new business, retain existing business and meet or exceed established sales goal targets related to revenue growth and penetration into industry specific targets.
You will be accountable for the following objectives:
Achievement of Stated Sales Goals
- Prepare proposals and presentations using marketing resources, practice groups and other Willis Towers Watson Producers
- Design individual prospect sales strategies and develop unique prospect programs
- Align with individual client sales strategies
- Conduct thorough needs analysis/risk assessment to uncover prospects/clients unique coverage needs
- Provide consultative advice in key risk areas
- Identify and close potential cross-sell opportunities
- Maintain consistent/high quality touch points by phone and face-to-face with clients
- Champion the proper advocacy of claims
- Participate in stewardship meetings
- Support Client Management team in identifying and closing rounding opportunities
- Identify prospects for business from existing and prospective clients
- Develop new relationships with individuals responsible for insurance and risk management decisions
- Obtain referral leads from existing clients
- Aggressively identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities
- Participate and take leadership roles in targeted community and professional associations
- BA/BS Degree in a related field of study required. Advanced education degrees preferred
- Valid Provincial insurance brokering license(s)
- 20+ years' experience in insurance sales and advisory within the Construction Industry.
- Professional designations such as CIP, CRM, CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc.
- Proven track record of successful pipeline development, delivery of effective sales strategies and a reputation as a client-centric sales professional
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
Comprehensive working knowledge of principles and methods of selling products; services and value propositions; sales marketing strategies and tactics; technical knowledge of insurance and risk management products, services and value propositions; pipeline management and cross-selling within the Construction Industry.
Ability to identify and leverage essential information and think in a critical and logical manner Ability to work in a client-centric, strategic and decisive manner according to tight deadlines Excellent communication (written, verbal & oral) skills and interpersonal skills
- Business Acumen
- Action Oriented
- Presentation Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Executive Presence
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Building Effective Teams
- Ethics and Values
The Willis Towers Watson Values bring together best-in-class industry expertise with best-in-class talent to create client solutions that deliver with integrity. Join our team today and let Willis Towers Watson be your future.
What we can offer you? Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, pension plan, life insurance, extended medical, dental coverage, vision, flexible spending accounts and disability coverage as well as many other options to full time employees. Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
*Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. *
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. * *Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Job Title: Producer Construction Practice
Job Function: Sales/Producer
Date Posted: 11/27/2016
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Job Number: JO-1611-18342