Curtiss-Wright Corporation Production Associate, Mechanical Assembly in Canada
THIS IS A TEMPORARY 6-MONTH POSITION, 2ND SHIFT, MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 3:30 PM TO MIDNIGHT
Working as a member of the Manufacturing Production group, you will be responsible for mechanical assembly processes involved in the manufacture of CWCDS products. The successful candidate must be experienced in mechanical assembly. Having SMT soldering skill would be an asset.
- Operate equipment efficiently following defined work schedule from area coordinator and following all Health & Safety guidelines;
- Complete mechanical assembly of mechanical pieces to the product as defined by drawings. Apply adhesives or under fill to product as required.
- Complete masking and application of conformal coating to product.
- Provide recommendations for process changes and improvement;
- Support yield improvement projects
- Complete all logs, reports and other data as defined by Lead hand;
- Provide assistance to 1st stage manual assembly area as required;
- May contribute as a member of the Spill team and/or Health and Safety committee;
- Responsible for all material handling duties, lifting daily supplies as required;
- Willing to support 3 shift rotations as required.
- Experience within a PWB assembly environment, preference given to direct experience working with SMT and PTH components;
- Good working knowledge of SAP and personal computers;
- Experience working with formal procedures and supporting documents;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Able to lift normal consumable supplies associated with the processes;
- Experience with the application of conformal coatings would be an asset:
- Soldering ability with PTH or SMT would be an asset
Mechanical aptitude with manual dexterity. Familiar with mechanical drawings.
Technician Diploma or grade 12 with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience;
- Knowledge of defect recognition for workmanship requirements;
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact HR and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled