Fairmont Reception Agent Supervisor/ Overnight Relief Manager in Canada
Reception Agent Supervisor/ Overnight Relief Manager
Representing The Fairmont Banff Springs through excellence in guest service. Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the Front Desk and Royal Service teams. Lead, teach, coach and inspire the colleagues of the Front Desk while committed to helping the hotel become one of the world's finest heritage resorts.
Hotel Overview: For over 125 years, The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, 78,000 square feet of expansive conference facilities, and one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career. This is a vibrant workplace with tremendous growth and mentorship opportunities; a place for colleagues who aspire to deliver amazing guest service, learn, grow and innovate.
The Rocky Mountain lifestyle doesn’t disappoint. Just a 1-hour drive from Calgary, Banff uniquely blends a community of hospitality enthusiasts, outdoor adventure seekers, artists, entertainers, and families alike. It’s all at your doorstep; this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations. Our welcoming community is cultural, and dynamic.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Supervise and monitor the daily activities of colleagues and guests while working closely with the Front Desk and Royal Service team
- Available to work shift work to cover a 24 hour operation
- Ensure the arrival and departure experience of all guests is seamless through coordination of our market mix and VIP's
- Lead, teach, coach, and inspire the Front Desk team to turn moments into memories for our guests
- Empower colleagues to appease any guest service challenges and ensure all guest issues are tracked and followed up on to ensure service recovery
- Participate in Front Desk agent mentorship program meeting with agents in a 1 on 1 basis to foster their development as well as conducting regular performance evaluations
- Develop and maintain standards for the department, while adhering to Fairmont's core standards
- Ensure a safe environment for our guests and colleagues by adhering to the hotel's Health and Safety policies
- Vital part of the hotel's Emergency Procedures
- Lead by example and sustain an environment of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence and positive employee relations
- Understand and promote the Hotel's vision, leaders’ job results list, and departmental vision
- Carry out performance management consistently with the standards set out by the Department Head and Human Resources
- Ensure that the Front Desk team have the supplies needed to perform their duties
- Consistently exceed guests' and colleagues' expectations by providing personal and attentive service and follow-up to ensure needs were met and/or all concerns were resolved to their satisfaction in a timely manner
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment at the Front Desk
- Communicate and liase effectively with other leaders in the department and hotel
- Review schedules regularly to ensure maximum productivity while ensuring excellent guest service
- Ensure smooth shift changes with proper pass-on to the next shift
- Energize our brand by promoting our guests loyalty program, Fairmont Presidents Club
- Maximize our brand by promoting our upsell program and managing guest appeasement's
- Stay current on industry/competitive trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Raise Environmental awareness among the Front Desk team by supporting and contributing to hotel and departmental initiatives (JDP, CES and LQA)
- Support and contribute to our Company’s and departmental initiatives to raise moral and recognize our colleagues including participation in staff activities
- Contribute creatively to our Ideas Count corporate program for new initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining personal cash float used to assist guest with transactions and currency exchange
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Desk and Front Office Manager
- Previous leadership experience in a Large Hotel Front Office, Supervision capacity preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Micros-Opera PROPERTY Manager, word and excel
- Previous working experience in Royal Service and or dealing with guest recovery with excellent recovery
- Career minded with strong personal initiative with a desire to achieve results above expectations
- Highly organized, results-orientated with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead colleagues to achieve the departments vision and goals
- Able to complete many diverse tasks concurrently
- Graduate of Hotel Management or Hospitality program a definite asset
- High school diploma, diploma in Hotel Management
- Minimum 1year previous front desk supervisory experience, preferably in a large volume property
Perks: Endless staff events, subsidized staff housing, daily duty meal in our staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf discounts, competitive extended benefit plans (medical, vision, dental), employee assistance program.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
*Visa Requirements: *Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 10.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03014