State Street Senior Risk Monitoring Associate (10:00PM-6:30AM) in Canada
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.48 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.38 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,530 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,530 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is availablehere.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The RMCoE Sanctions Screening team performs a centralized first line of defense function. The team evaluates SWIFT messages which contain “Stop Phrases and Stop Entities” established by OFAC, Section 311- Special Measures, as well as State Street internal global lists. These sanctions are put in place to fight against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, and those engaged in activities related to: the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States. Sanctions Screening Monitors, aid in State Street’s objectives to remediate risk, and are critical members in risk excellence initiatives. Sanctions Screening Monitors must identify and escalate transactions involving parties subject to economic sanctions or other regulatory restrictions.
Job Description & Core Responsibilities:
- Analyze and review transactions on a case by case basis, and resolve or escalate as needed
- Identify, escalate and/or report any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines
- Ensure all transactions are actioned by deadlines
- Ensure a full understanding and adherence to corporate Risk Policy and Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in self-testing and other related audit requirements
- Support team initiatives, by learning and completing job related functions, thus meeting departmental goals and objectives
- Respond promptly to client queries, and ensure a timely resolution
- Ensure all daily/monthly reports are processed accurately and efficiently to meet internal standards and team goals
- Perform functions utilizing various system applications including Lighthouse SDN Scanner, MTS, MCH and IBS
- Support manager to implement team development strategies
- Identify problems and exposures, explore solutions and continually scan the environment for new information, ideas and approaches. Understand and respond positively to change.
- Meet accuracy targets as established by management
- Actively contribute in the training and on-boarding of new employees
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines
- Develop and maintain procedures
** Multiple Positions Available
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial industry preferably with AML exposure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and risk- oriented mindset
- Ability to work in a team environmentby providing support, assistance and guidance
- Advanced PC skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excel Visual Basic Application skills (preferred but not required)
- SWIFT experience preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
State Street Job ID: 146179
Location: Toronto, Canada
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Senior Risk Monitoring Associate (10:00PM-6:30AM)
Job ID: 146179
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Canada - Toronto