State Street Senior Tax Administrator in Canada
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $27.48 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.38 trillion in assets under management as of March 31, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,530 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,530 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Calculates funds deferred losses and updates carry forward schedule (for year-end distributions)
- Process the Deferred Loss schedules for the next distribution period (quarterly)
- Reconcile the stop loss and deferred loss schedules for ACB adjustments
- Update distribution templates with accounting to tax adjustments information
- Ensures that income is properly allocated between income types and Return of Capital
- Update Comparative Distribution rates templates Semi annual and annual
- Compares distribution to previous distribution for reasonableness
- Calculates and reviews distributions (monthly, quarterly and year-end)
- Updates and monitors income trust (IT) distribution allocation and tax treatment. (MONTHLY)
- Verifies income allocation factors with information released by the issuer
- Updates the redemption templates monthly for income and capital gain allocation to redeeming unit holders
- Participates in dividend accruals process for each funds holding REIT, LLP and US Trust
- Makes income estimates when needed for distribution purposes
- Monitors funds foreign content position (MONTHLY)
- Prepares trust returns (T3) and other related filings (T3RI and T3F)
- Monitors foreign tax treaties and withholding tax rates (MONTHLY)
- LP products – involvement in gathering tax information from companies held in the portfolio, coordinate/liase with Financial Reporting Analyst in computation of partnership income, communication of tax slip information to brokers and via CDS website
- Assist in preparing various tax slip filings with CRA (e.g. T3s, T5008, etc.)
- Recommendations for improvements to tax reporting process and involvement in their implementation
- Assist in preparing year end and mid term audit requirements
- Ad hoc projects/analyses as assigned by the Manager
- Take initiative to learn IFRS developments
Skills and Experience:
- University Degree – BA, Comm/ Accounting, with focus on Tax/Finance/Audit;
- Working towards CFA, CGA or CMA;
- 1 year relevant tax experience;
- Proficient in MS Office (Advance excel spreadsheets, access database & word);
- Familiarity with accounting systems (i.e. MCH, Global Quest, Insight) as asset;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment;
- Self starter, accurate & detail oriented;
- Willingness to learn and understand mutual fund tax regulations and issues;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
State Street Job ID: 147947
Location: Toronto, ON
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Senior Tax Administrator
Job ID: 147947
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Canada - Toronto