Curtiss-Wright Corporation Software Development Engineer, Sr. in Canada
The Opportunity | Embedded Software Developer
This is your opportunity to be innovative, flexible, self-directed and to bring your software engineering skills to our dynamically growing organization. We are looking for creative software developers who have a passion to invent, design and implement embedded software along with a curiosity and desire to learn.
Your job will be to create new Board Support Packages (BSPs), drivers and develop enhancements to our existing BSPs and drivers for Single Board Computers (SBCs), develop power-on built-in-test firmware and develop continuous built-in-test drivers. You must be resourceful and able to overcome new challenges using insightful design and engineering skills coupled with innovative approaches.
Apply if you are a team player willing to share, discuss and brainstorm ideas to define new products, product enhancements and process improvements.
- Design, develop and test new embedded software.
- Support and enhance existing embedded software.
- Apply established development processes and assist in process improvement.
- Analyse requirements and develop design alternatives.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Provide input to architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Keep current with embedded software trends and share knowledge.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Review and validation of software releases.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
- Liaise with customers
- C programming.
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility, commitment to quality and achieving deadlines.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and standards.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) with minimum 4 years' experience Co-op experience is applicable.
Experience in the following is an asset:
software configuration management tools.
- software defect tracking tools.
- software debugging tools.
- test methodologies.
- scripting tools and languages.
- Requirements analysis and tracking
- Task priority management and tracking
- WindRiver VxWorks BSPs and drivers
- Yocto Linux BSPs and drivers
- Windows BSPs and drivers
- Green Hills Integrity BSP and drivers
- Intel BIOS
- U-Boot firmware
- Linux and Windows development environments.
- reading/understanding IC datasheets, board schematics.
- diagnostic tools like Digital Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, DVMs, etc.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled