Fairmont Switchboard Agent (Overnight) in Canada
Switchboard Agent (Overnight)
Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical skill you display when responding to Guest telephone calls will prove you truly are a Fairmont professional. As a Royal Service Agent, effective and engaging communication is the key when speaking to fellow Colleagues and Guests.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Banff Springs has built a distinct and iconic reputation in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains. With 764 guest rooms, world-class golf and spa experiences, one of the largest food & beverage operations in North America, our Castle in the Rockies is the place to ignite a brilliant career.
Whether you are seeking innovative mentorship with global career opportunities or you are an outdoor adventure seekers, this year-round, mountain culture offers true work–life balance in one of Canada’s most spectacular destinations.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Royal Service Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Be an ambassador by living and promoting the FRHI’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Follows consistent phone etiquette practices
- Directs calls to guest rooms, staff or departments through the PBX system
- Logs and delivers all wake-up call requests
- Acts as an ambassador for our hotel and community by providing information about hotel services and local amenities to guests
- Responsible for booking dining reservations and providing information to our guests in regards to dining options and hours
- Required to monitor the emergency systems in the hotel and respond appropriately
- Dispatch service calls through our Royal Service Software for all key departments in the hotel
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures.
- Update directory information as required in front office software and lists.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Good hearing and a clear telephone voice
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- Advanced computer and keyboard skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- The ability to deal with difficult calls in a calm and professional manner
- Fluency in a second language an asset
- Must be available to work shift work including late evenings and overnight
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant sitting and typing throughout shift
- Lifting - Under 20lbs 90% of Work Time
- Carrying - Over 20lbs 5% of Work Time
- Pulling - Over 20lbs 5% of Work Time
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTSAt Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Canada-Banff-The Fairmont Banff Springs
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 10.Dec.2016, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: BSH03002