BRP US Inc Technician Designer in Canada
LIFE AT BRP
At BRP, we have a visceral connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, side-by-side all terrain vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, marine propulsion systems and motors for Rotax karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our 7 600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve at the heart of an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
Follow us on:
- LinkedIn @BRP
- YouTube @CommunicationsBRP
WHY JOIN THE TEAM?
To work in the field of product development
To be part of a dynamic and motivated team
For an opportunity to be creative and innovative and to influence technical orientations in the field of motorsports
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the technical drawings needed to manufacture highly attractive components for our new vehicles’ cladding systems
- Develop component mounting and opening mechanisms
- Follow up on the production of prototypes
- Collaborate with designers and engineers from the design and engineering teams on the problem-solving process
- Maintain communication with suppliers on technical items
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- College diploma in mechanical engineering, design option, or equivalent
- Two years of relevant experience is an asset
- Good knowledge of plastics and their manufacturing processes
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, in simple and routine situations; be able to read and draft simple procedures in English
- Proficiency in CATIA as well as, ideally, 3D surface processing (GSD and/or FreeStyle)
- Strong interest in aesthetics and detail
- Rigour, perseverance and strong ability to focus
- Interest in art and motorsports is an asset
This position is based in Valcourt.
AN EXCEPTIONAL AREA!
The Eastern Townships, located at the very south of the province, shares a border with the United States over close to 300 km (186 mi). The charm comes on thick as you forge your way into this paradise of mountains, hills and valleys. The architectural heritage, evidence of the Anglo-Saxon legacy, has transformed the towns into the most picturesque of places. 80% of the territory is covered by forests. Come the fall season, an abundance of colour covers the branches. To the sheer delight of outdoor enthusiasts, four national parks, including Parc national du Mont-Orford, and many other natural areas provide their share of activities, no matter the season: hiking, biking, camping, skiing and so much more. A favourite vacation destination, the Eastern Townships offers a good selection of B&Bs; and inns, not to mention spas and health centres. Agritourism completes the region’s circle of charm, with five different circuits exploring vineyards, orchards, country-style dining, terroir delights and sugar shacks. In fact, the region counts several vineyards, all very different from one another, such as the Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent where you can discover the pleasure of their palatable wine.
Global Location: Canada, Valcourt
# of openings: 1