IKEA Warehouse Coworker (Receiving & Replenishment) (part-time) in Canada
**This position requires early starts: 4:00 to 5:00am before Public Transit is in operation. Must be available for 3 shifts per week and have full weekend availability.
Position Description:**Complete stock receiving, distribution and replenishment process in warehouse and sales spaces prior to store opening utilizing IKEA Goods Flow Concept to contribute to sales and strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receive, distribute and replenish all stock to designated areas, with flexibility and volume taken into consideration when merchandising. Complete task prior to store opening
- Remove all empty pallets, packaging, garbage and excess stock from the Warehouse and Sales floor, daily, prior to store opening
- Maintain a clean, organized work area by processing all garbage safely and efficiently before end of receiving shift and in adherence with waste management guidelines
- Adhere to all Safety and Security procedures and Inventory Integrity procedures and routines as outlined in IKEA documentation and within your store
- Transport goods operating a manual or motorized pallet jack
- Accurately monitor and document goods receiving on the sales floor
- Successfully complete material handling equipment certification training
- Utilize product knowledge and article information
- Educate yourself on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and product range information using available resources
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
- Flexibility to work in varied Logistics environments, including Receiving, Replenishment and Full-Serve
Key requirements & qualifications for this position:
- Ability to work in a team, have service orientation and a willingness to share your knowledge and learning
- Problem-solving and basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work with utility knives
- Legible handwriting
- Computer aptitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg) on a regular basis and operate a pallet jack
- Ability to work with accuracy and flexibility under time constraints within a fast paced, high volume warehouse environment
- Previous safe forklift driving experience will be considered an asset for receiving positions
Growing Together IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We Hire Straightforward, Down-To-Earth People IKEA co-workers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is "because of the people".
Egos Parked At The Door We're all co-workers. We're not big on fancy titles, corner offices or private jets, and we leave our egos at the door. Why? Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job.
Additional Information : All candidates must successfully complete a national background check.
Weekday and Weekend availability required – early starts (4:00 -5:00am) before Public Transit is in operation. Must be available a minimum of 3 shifts per week and have full weekend availability.
Job Title: Warehouse Coworker (Receiving & Replenishment) (part-time)
Location: Vancouver (Coquitlam)
Work Area: Logistics
Full Time - Part Time: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Job ID: 267509BR
Removal Date: 12/14/2016