Lilly Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology/Immunology in Western Canada, British Columbia
Title Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology/Immunology
City Western Canada
State / Province British Columbia
Company Overview Lilly is one of the top 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Lilly has remained dedicated to creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. At the heart of Lilly's operations are its core values – excellence, integrity and respect for people and these are reflected in business practices that include strong governance principles, the ethical development of medicines, transparency and ethical product promotion.
The MSL will serve as a scientific resource for Canadian experts in the field of Dermatology/Immunology. The MSL is responsible for responding to requests for in depth, cutting edge scientific information from the medical community in the autoimmune field including the latest scientific literature, the latest research from major scientific conferences, updates on Lilly’s educational activities and Lilly’s pipeline research activities. The MSL will also gather feedback and insight from Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders to better inform Lilly’s research and overall strategic direction. By facilitating scientific exchange between the academic community and Lilly, the MSL has the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare with information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions. In all interactions, the MSL has responsibility to ensure that activities are compliant with all applicable guidelines, Rules and Regulations for Conducting Research, Rx and D Code of Conduct, the Eli Lilly Canada Policy on the Promotion of Pharmaceutical Products and Ethical Interactions with Health Care Providers, and other prevailing regulations/codes that may pertain to their work in the future.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial, peer-to-peer relationships with the scientific community
· The MSL will spend a significant amount of their time on customer-facing activities to develop relationships with external customers including scientific experts, researchers, educators and clinical investigators. The MSL will serve as a major representative of Lilly for these health care professionals, providing deep and advanced disease state and product information as well as facilitating the work of the scientific expert when it aligns with Lilly's mission. An important aspect of this work will be to connect thought leaders and scientific experts with other Lilly resources (e.g., Discovery, Real World Evidence Scientists, Clinical Research Physicians and Global/Canadian External Research & Development).
- Effectively communicate with Scientific Experts and Thought Leaders with up to date scientific knowledge and provide services that meet their needs.
· The MSL will be considered a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with any available information which may include reprints or posters, medical letters, literature citations, access to internal and external experts, slides and other teaching-related material.
- Continually enhance scientific knowledge
· The MSL is required to maintain technical expertise within a therapeutic area to engage in scientific discussions with scientific experts. The MSL will be expected to engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent. They will attend appropriate scientific meetings, conduct routine literature searches and will be expected to communicate regularly with each other to assure that the entire group benefits from individual learning whenever it is relevant.
- Support the affiliate medical business objectives and cross functional partners
· The MSL will be responsible for interfacing the scientific expert and Lilly resources/internal business partners such as Clinical Research Physicians, Medical Information Associates, Medical Education, Corporate Affairs, and Marketing as requested by the expert. They will also report the clinical insights and unanswered customer questions they have received from the scientific experts to the medical and brand teams.The MSL job entails not only scientific and customer expertise, but also requires the ability to understand and effectively utilize approved resources to fulfill administrative, procedural, and legal requirements in order to address the customer needs and support internal Lilly business.
Advanced degree in health sciences (PhD, MD, Pharm D) with 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic experience in dermatology and/or immunology.
OR MSc or BSc in health care/professional designation (BScN, BScPharm,PT, RD etc.) considered if 5 or more years of relevant clinical experience in dermatology and/or immunology.
OR previous MSL experience and sound knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry Basic Requirements:
Intellectual curiosity and intelligence about the field of dermatology/immunology
Ability to critically appraise scientific information / literature
Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative peer-to-peer relationships with external customers
Familiarity with the academic community and medical research
Eli Lilly Canada is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from qualified women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please do not contact us via phone. We appreciate all who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Eli Lilly Canada does not support work permit sponsorship.
Removal Date 16-Feb-2017