Saskatchewan Medical Association Psychiatrist in Weyburn, Saskatchewan
Number of Vacancies:1 Vacancy Opening For:Specialist Specialist Type:Psychiatrist Health Region:Sun Country Community:Weyburn Community Website:http://city.weyburn.sk.ca/ Employment Type:Permanent Employment Term:Locum Posting Date:November 22, 2016 Closing Date:January 31, 2017 Method of Payment:Contract Call Schedule:1:3 Call Schedule Description:1 in 3 paid standby schedule
The Region is seeking a team oriented Psychiatrist to provide a generalized psychiatry service, the position provides opportunity to work in broad areas of psychiatry ranging from children and adolescents to a senior population.
The region offers integrated mental health and addiction services including a transitional house in Estevan for addiction, day hospital in Weyburn. The psychiatrist will be part of the multidisciplinary team that includes nurses, social workers, and psychologists and addiction counsellors. He or she will be expected to provide leadership for the team in a collegial approach and be ready to work with external bodies as required.
The psychiatrist will be required to provide emergency coverage on rotational basis (1 in 3) and travel to satellite clinic to provide services at least once a week
- Candidates must hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada via examination.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
- Experience providing Generalist Psychiatry services within a catchment model.
- Demonstrable evidence in multidisciplinary approach of care/ management is required.
- Understanding/experience of the lean concept will be added advantage.
- Understanding of Saskatchewan provincial laws and regulations of commitment and release of the mentally ill under the Mental Health Services Act would be an asset.
*Position Opportunities: *
- Incentive packages
- Coordinated team approach/ collegial professional support
- Opportunity for academic appointment with University of Saskatchewan
- Excellent work life balance/satisfaction
- Telehealth facilities for clinical work and education.
#### Facilities and Services:
The Sun Country Health Region, located in the Southeast corner of Saskatchewan, Canada, with a population of about 60,000, spread across a rural environment. There are two urban centres in the area: Weyburn has a population of approximately 12,000 and Estevan, to the east of Weyburn has a population of around 13,000. Weyburn is a little over an hour’s drive from Regina, ¾ of an hour from the US border, and an hour or so to resort area lakes.
- Weyburn Mental Health Centre has a 10-bed inpatient unit;
- Extensive community services made up of Child and Youth, Adult and Addiction Services; long-term Rehabilitation program; Residential and Apartment Supportive Living Programs. Group and transitional homes in Weyburn for rehabilitation.
- Staffing includes Mental Health Therapists, Nursing [Inpatient and Community], Social Workers, Addiction counsellors and Psychologists.
Please send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names of three references to email@example.com
Business Address: Box 2003/808 Souris Valley Rd, Weyburn, SK S4H 2Z9
The Saskatchewan Medical Association does not accept any responsibility for inaccurate job posting information, acceptance or processing of job applications and inquiries, or employment of any individuals through this service.