AmerisourceBergen Corporation Pharmacy Assistant - Winnipeg, Manitoba in WINNIPEG, Canada
Title: Pharmacy Assistant - Winnipeg, Manitoba Location: Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg Job Number: 00001GD6
Working under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy Assistant assumes responsibility for supporting the Pharmacist in the preparation of prescriptions, maintenance of drug inventory and cash control systems. The Pharmacy Assistant coordinates departmental quality assurance and other customer-focused services with supervisory staff. Additionally he/she interacts with Internal and External Clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist Pharmacist in labeling and filling/refilling prescriptions; · Assist patients picking up prescriptions; · Enter prescriptions into the computer; retrieve and/or correct data in computer; · Verify that customer receives correct prescription(s); · Maintain workflow; · Screen telephone calls for the Pharmacist(s); · Order, maintain and prepare inventory of medications; · Prepare and process billings, claims, disbursements and related documents; · Review invoices or other documentation; · Assist in dispensing of medication; · Pack and ship prescription orders; and · Receive inventory. · The Pharmacy Assistant will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time. Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Two or more years of related pharmacy experience; · Strong proficiency in Kroll; · Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel); · Organized with the ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy; · Excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations; · Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills; · Ability to work independently and in a team environment; · Excellent time management skills; and · Bilingualism, French/English is an asset.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
- Working knowledge of automated warehouse operating system
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently 10.Excellent presentation skills 11.Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs Job: Pharmacy Jobs