Aon Corporation Actuarial Analyst; Retirement Consulting - Winnipeg, MB (Job ID 2423034) in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Aon Is Looking For An Actuarial Analyst; Retirement Consulting
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement Consulting group within Aon Hewitt in Winnipeg, MB. As an Actuarial Analyst, you will report directly to the Associate Partner.
Your Impact As An Actuarial Analyst; Retirement Consulting
- Preparation of all aspects of pension plan funding actuarial valuations which include data reconciliation, benefit calculations, asset summaries and contribution requirements;
- Preparation of actuarial valuations for accounting purposes;
- Preparation of costings and projections;
- Providing routine technical and analytical support to ensure the continuous efficient operation of our clients’ pension plan arrangements;
- Reading and interpreting pension plan texts;
- Assisting consultants to help our clients with day-to-day pension issues and questions;
- Calculating benefit entitlements and preparing option packages on retirement, termination, death and marriage breakdown;
- Year-end updating of plan records, including the reconciliation of the membership, contributions and trust fund;
- Completing government forms for filing with pension regulators;
- Participating in internal seminars regarding current industry issues and technical training;
- Working with a variety of Excel-based actuarial tools; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Previous experience in a related work environment, including co-op and term positions, required;
- Strong aptitude in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused with proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Relevant experience in a consulting environment working in an actuary or pension department an asset;
- Experience working in group underwriting and/or group benefits environment an asset;
- Previous actuarial consulting experience an asset, but not a requirement.
- Post-Secondary degree; preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Commerce or a related discipline;
- Working towards the Associate Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation;
- Completion of a minimum of one (1) SOA exam required;
- Completion of two (2) or more SOA exams would be preferred;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including working towards the successful completion of the Fellowship of Society of Actuaries (FSA) and/or Associate Society of Actuaries (ASA) designations.
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Location: Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Posted Date: 11/30/16