Canadian Pacific Railway Analyst, Financial Account Support in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Req ID: 53164
- Department: Strategic Planning & Transportation Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 3.00
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 12/07/2016
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out well defined tasks that enable billing and collections for Canadian Pacific Logistics Solutions (CPLS) valued customers. The Analyst, Financial Account Support will be relied upon to analyze customer performance, monitor activity for month-end accrual purposes and complete account reconciliations. To complete duties and responsibilities, the incumbent will carry out efficient communications between service delivery analysts and customer representatives. The opportunity to onboard new customers and work within the new SAP Transportation Module is also available.
- Develop understanding of customer requirements for invoicing purposes;
- Effectively coordinate with service delivery analysts to obtain information required for invoicing purposes;
- Proactively monitor accounts receivable and maintain open channels of communication with customers;
- Proactively monitor accounts payable and maintain open channels of communication with vendors;
- Effectively monitor all pertinent account activity and follow systematic approach to determine account accruals;Escalate delays in the invoicing process, while identifying root cause of issues and supporting with the implementation of resolutions.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields required;
- Professional accounting designation is an asset;
- Understanding of supply chain logistics;
- Understanding of full cycle accounting;
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills;
- Entry level knowledge of MS Access databases;
- SAP experience an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills up to the Director level;
- Ability to communicate complex issues to various stakeholders;
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").