Robert Half Accountemps Collections Clerk in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Accountemps is the worldwide leader in specialized consulting and staffing services for highly skilled temporary accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Our clients are searching for engaged and dedicated Collection Clerks for interim and contract positions. Typical duties for a Collections Clerk include:
- Creating and maintaining credit history files;
- Analyzing and assessing the creditworthiness of account/client using external credit risk management tools/reports;
- Supporting the collection efforts/calls for accounts receivable portfolio;
- Documenting daily collections activity;
- Researching account disputes and billing discrepancies;
- Performing account/payment reconciliations;
- Responding to credit inquiries from external and internal clients;
- Identifying delinquent accounts requiring external collection efforts; and,
- Identifying bad debt or financial exposure.
Qualifications for the Collections Clerk roles include:
- Post-secondary diploma in an accounting discipline;
- Collection and credit management experience is preferred and in some cases required;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with many levels of the organization;
- Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and thorough manner;
- Ability to work independently with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team and apply proven relationship-building skills;
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency; and,
- Strong Excel and accounting software proficiency.
For more information and confidential consideration, contact Accountemps today at email@example.com quoting Collections Clerk / Winnipeg in the heading of your email.