Canadian Pacific Railway Manager, Collections in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Req ID: 53285
- Department: Strategic Planning & Transportation Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 10-20%
- # of Positions: 1.00
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 12/09/2016
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Manager, Collections will plan, organize, and manage the business activities related to the collection of revenue associated with CP’s freight transportation services, as well as non-freight and miscellaneous billings.
- Lead, plan, organize, and manage the business activities and teams responsible for collecting revenue associated with freight transportation services, non-freight services, and miscellaneous billings;
- Lead team of account reconciliation staff to ensure adherence to daily targets and overall departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) are met;
- Identify, recommend, and develop cross-functional and system requirements and account specific strategies to maximize CP's Accounts Receivable position;
- Provide input and lead process improvement projects across both internal & external stakeholders designed to continuously improve Customer/Client account reconciliation;
- Build and execute business change management activities necessary with implementation of projects intended to improve CP's cash flow position;
- Provide business guidance to multiple teams to maintain customers’ accounts within terms;
- Make business decisions on actions necessary to protect CP's financial position and direct action plans both internally and externally;
- Triage and lead escalation of collection and dispute issues with internal and external parties – includes leading and directing team of Collections Representatives and peers (i.e. Sales & Marketing, Legal, etc) to implement account specific strategies and resolve complex cases involving Cash Application, Disputes and Write-Offs;
- Provide subject matter expertise for customer payment history and behavior.
- Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent is preferred;
- A professional accounting accreditation (CPA) and/or MBA would be an asset;
- 5 to 10 years in progressively more responsible accounting positions, preferably within the transportation industry;
- In depth knowledge of pertinent government regulations and accounting practices;
- A strong SAP background would be an asset;
- Knowledge of SOX and ICF controls;
- Effective writing and strong verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative strengths with emphasis on goal setting, leadership, team building, decision making and problem solving;
- Ability to apply judgment, innovation, persuasion, and influencing skills;
- Proven track record of process adherence and delivery against targets;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- Ability to motivate, delegate, and work under pressure;
- Ability to lead others with or without position authority;
- Ability to influence and persuade others;
- Effective communication and negotiation skills;
- Must be capable of providing appropriate feedback to employees for development and performance purposes;
- Ability to lead a team and manage expectations;
- Ability to make tactical decisions related to complex and demanding issues impacting internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").