Canadian Pacific Railway Manager S&C Wiring Shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba
If you are a current CP employee looking to obtain an Operations front-line leadership role within CP do not apply to this requisition. You must search and apply to the This Way Up Program requisition to be considered.
- Req ID: 53184
- Department: Operations - Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 20-30%
- # of Positions: 1.00
- Job Grade: Level 4
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 12/07/2016
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Manage the work of the Signals & Communications (S&C;) Wiring Shop and S&C; vendors to ensure high quality and cost effective wiring of S&C; equipment housings, which support safe and efficient train operations throughout Canada and the US. You will develop and manage the production schedule for the wiring and testing of S&C; equipment housings, order material required for the Wiring and Repair Shop, and assigns staff appropriately for the work.
- Manage the operation of the S&C; Wiring Shop;
- Manage vendors as required
- Ensure the quality of the wiring work and that housings are successfully hot-tested before shipping;
- Coach and mentor subordinates
- Coordinate with the S&C; Design group and the S&C; Projects group to create and maintain a production schedule for wired equipment housings;
- Order material for wiring and repair work;
- Recommend change in equipment and operation to improve productivity and efficiency of shop operations;
- Apply the provisions of Collective Agreements governing the conduct of employees under their jurisdiction and ensures compliance. Handle grievances as required;
- Forecast manpower requirements;.
- Ensure the shop is maintained in a clean and orderly state, arrange for facilities to be repaired as required.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent;
- Technical diploma is considerd an asset;
- Eight (8) years’ railway signaling experience including testing & commissioning
- Progressive supervisory experience;
- Decision making;
- Ability to think strategically and tactically;
- Problem solving/Strong analytics;
- Ability to read signal plans;
- Strong people leadership skills;
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Medical Requirements: CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").