Canadian National Railway Company Mechanic A in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Perform minor and major repairs, overhauls and servicing of all types of vehicles, vehicle attachments and material handling equipment.
- Use electric and oxy-acetylene welding equipment, lubrication equipment and other vehicle repair tools and equipment to perform repairs.
- Records details on prescribed forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Will be required to perform duties both in-shop and at field locations as requested.
- Variable shifts to accommodate vehicle availability may be required. (Outside work at terminals and in the field will be required)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be in possession of a valid Provincial Department of Labour Journeyman Certificate in the Automotive or Heavy Duty (Commercial Transport in some Provinces) Mechanical Repair Trade, in Provinces where required by law.
- Must be able to pass the current Field Mechanic test.
- Must be capable of servicing and repairing various types of Hy-rail equipment.
- Must have at least five years experience in the automotive repair trade.
- Must be capable of certifying company equipment in accordance with Provincial standards.
- Must be able to operate all types of vehicles and equipment serviced in the garage and hold valid driver's license for the class and type of equipment operated.
- Required to pass Company's Driver Test and must be in possession of a valid Medical form 773B (Periodic Medical Examination Card).
- Must have own basic tools sufficient to perform repairs and servicing all types of CN Fleet Equipment.
- Must be able to work either inside or outside at the terminal and away from the home point.
Auto req ID: 7178BR